Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Quick Tips fot Thanksgiving Day Success
Here are a couple of tips that my client Jim shared with me(and a few of my own) to help reduce the damage done by your Thanksgiving day meal.
Have a great Turkey Day and try to stay active.
1. Limit the gravy- Use a teaspoon instead of a ladle to serve the gravy.
2. Use smaller plates to help reduce portion size.
3. Bake pumpkin pies in small custard dishes without the crust.
4. Remove the skin from the turkey before serving.
5. Pack more vegetable in your stuffing, use less breading.
6. Don't serve any snacks or appetizers throughout the day.
7. Drink 16 oz of water before you begin eating.
8. Use fresh steamed green beans instead of green bean casserole.
9. Bake your turkey, don't fry it. Frying is very popular these days, but adds many calories and fat.
10. Eat a light and healthy breakfast and lunch(depending on what time you eat). Do this so you don't go into you Thanksgiving day meal starving!
11. Take a nice, long walk after dinner with your family and friends.
Living life with No Regrets............ No Excuses.